
This is a photo of a Micro car, one of the many small cars people drive in Bucharest. They get great gas milage and are perfect for parking on the sidewalks and in other tight places where parking is a premium. I promised Mitch that I would show him a photo of this car and for all the other youth drivers (or soon to be drivers) in the family. This car belongs to a 17 year old boy who lives with his parents on the next level up from us. His dad bought it for him. It only goes 45 Kl per hour, so his dad put a sign in the back window to remind the other drivers not to be impatient when driving behind him. I thought the Dad showed some wisdom and great concern for his son's safety, although you might question the wisdom of driving such a small car in the crazy traffic we have in Bucharest. I'm lending my support toward getting some heavier cars for the office and AP's in order to give us a little safety edge. This boy's dad also bought him a ping pong table which they keep in a storage room at the parking level of our building and which they drag out onto the parking lot and set up during the evenings. The boy, who's name is Teddi, has a number of friends from school, who he has known over the years growing up and they come around to play ping pong. I've have been invited to play several times and have a decent record so far. Your mom says they won't let me play any more if I keep beating them but, it's good fellowship and exercise for me and a possible opportunity to share the gospel. We will see.




2 comments:
Dad, I'm so glad to hear that ping pong is popular in Romania. What a treat that you can keep up on your skills while you are gone :) That does look like a fun little car. It would be great if all teenagers had cars that wouldn't go very fast. :)
Hi mom and dad! Mitch's car is actually not much bigger than that! He loves having the freedom of driving and I am grateful he can drive himself and Tanner to basketball 3 times a day! Actually, summer ball just ended and we have all of July to enjoy with no sports! Maybe we'll go to a museum! Loved the letters you sent the boys and love the stories and pictures from your mission.
Love,
Leslie
Post a Comment