Monday, August 4, 2008




We finally are getting a little more involved in the office. This transition is taking longer than I anticipated but it has only been two weeks since we arrived. Office organization is a little different challenge for me, since I've had little office experience and the finance side of it would probably suite an accountant a little better but the Church makes due with what it is provided so, I am trying to do my best and my overall experience in the church helps me a lot in handling the situations we are facing. Sharon will really do well in her assignments as soon as she gets a feel for her areas of responsibility. She is already getting close to some of the members here. They seem to relate to her even though there is a language barrier. Every day is an adventure in Romania.
The photos are of our trip to Catansa, which is in East of Romania where the country meets the Black Sea. This is a place where many of the Romanians spend their Holiday. But, still most of the buildings are run down and the streets are crowded. There are some interesting sites as you can see from the beach photo, and the view of some of the country side. I am standing in front of our church building there. It is a three story villa (house) which the church rents for its chapel. We met the branch president who has severed a mission in England. He is a very young man but, with his mission experience and dedication will be an excellent leader for the Romanian people in his area. He and his financial clerk are part time actors and put on childrens plays. We hope to be able to see one before we leave. While we were in Catansa, while walking back from the beach we met some people selling watermellon, I talked them a little about the church and gave them a passalong card. They also agreed to be contacted by the missionaries and I passed the referral on to one of the Elders there. My first missionary referal in Romania!

2 comments:

Daynes Family said...

Neat pictures Dad! Sounds like your already having some good missionary experiences. I love hearing about them and seeing your pictures...keep them coming. We love you and miss you.

Sarah Lee said...

Ryan said in his prayer last night "please bless grandma in Mania" He was very proud of himself for remembering you.

The beaches look pretty popular there and the countryside looks beautiful. My kids like how their church looks different.

I'm glad to hear that you are doing well. We love and Miss You!