




It has been a pretty busy week as the transfer of our main office elder has left us trying to fill in the gaps in our training. I have finally been able to get a handle on some of the finance responsibilities that fall under my responsibility. The new office elders are also beginning to work with us a little more cooperatively. We have people from England coming in another week to provide some training, which I know will be helpful. We still continue to have ups and downs in getting used to this area. We did however, finish this week on a positive note as we were able to visit some of the older portions of the city of Bucharest on our P day, Saturday. This is the pre Communist era section of the the City and most of the buildings here are also in disrepair. But, we were able to get a feel for old Romania as we walked along cobble stone streets and were able to visit some of the shops and resturants that are beginning to make a come back. This part of the city has a definite European look and feel and I can see, that in a few years, it will continue to grow into a popular tourist attraction. The missionary work is still moving slowly but, the Mission President is laying the ground work which will help things steadily improve. There is much to do in terms of training the missionaries as well as the church leaders in this area. We continue to see the Lord's hand in helping the gospel spead throughout the land. The photos are of some of the sites we saw Saturday. The car is an old Romania Dacia since bought up by Renault. These cars are every where, on the road or just parked and discared along the sidewalks. This one is turned into Romanian art form and was parked outside the opera house and art museum. Some of the old architecture is evident in the other photos and you can seem me from the back side walking along a little art shop area of the city. This was my favorite part of our trip. Also, the resturant photo. We had pasta and chicken and salad. This was a very fine resturant and the best meal we enjoyed since coming to Bucharest.



4 comments:
This is Jake. You guys are looking good. Dick is that your horse at the bottom of the page? They don't have cars there?
We pray for you two every day. I'm so glad you guys are getting to do this. You are making unforgettable memories! You are great examples and I'm sure you're being blessed so much.
Sharon I also like your scarf. Did you know that Amy was known as the "scarf sister" on her mission? It is genetic I think.
Dick The Cougars just blew out UCLA 59-0!!! They are now ranked #11 in the nation! I'm so excited. I hope you can follow them out there. Do Romanians play football?
Stay safe and stay well. we miss you guys.
Jake
Mom and Dad you look so skinny! All that walking must be paying off. I just read your post and emails to the family. They really enjoyed hearing about your experiences and seeing the pictures and were very happy to hear that you have a McDonalds there. :)
We love and Miss you!
Hi Mom and Dad,
I have a really slow Internet connection so this is the first time I've had the patience to allow your blog photos to upload before I'm offline. What fun pictures. It brings back great memories from when we travelled to Europe 14 years ago. Wow, time flies! Thanks for keeping us updated -- My kids love hearing your updates and I'll be sure to show them the pictures now that I can see them! Take Care! Suz
I wish i was there with you because i relly miss you!
Post a Comment