Monday, September 1, 2008




I've been a little slow in getting my blog going. We've been busy painting and cleaning the office along with learning our duties. We have also had some opportunities to share the Gospel and in small ways help to further the work.
This is a Romania Sister in our Branch. She is badly burned on her face and hands but, has such a loving and kind spirit. She is one of the first members we met when we came to the branch and I have a great appreciation for her and the strength of her testimony. The Elders are going into transfers this week and wanted to take pictures before they get new companions and, or are moved to a different area. The Elders on the end are the zone leaders. The other two are newer Elders but also seem to be outstanding missionaries. The photo of our apartment building actually makes it look better than it is but, we are growing accustom to it. It's a Communist era cement block house. All these buildings seem to be crumbling but, since democracy people have purchased individual apartments and many like our's, have been renovated and aren't too bad. Our land lady, a young lady who purchased the apartment from her parents said they paid about $14,000 for it, ten years ago. The same apartment is now selling for about $200,000. Note the orange truck in the foreground. They have no sprinkler system in the area so, this water tanker comes in a couple of times a week and the driver waters the lawn next to the playground with a hose attached to the truck tank.
Tell the kids we love them and miss you all. Love, Dad

4 comments:

Sarah Lee said...

Mom and Dad you look so good! All that walking must be paying off. (Mom, I love the scarf!) Thank you for the update Dad! I check your blog almost every day. We worry about you guys! I love the pictures. Those missionaries look just about the right age for Megan. Are any of them from Utah?

rich susan and gang said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. Don't give up on the window washer yet. You can try strapping on a harness and joining him out there. Or tape the discussions to the inside of the window and perhaps he'll scan next time he's out. You never know...

Daynes Family said...

Sounds like they are keeping you very busy out there. I love the updates...please keep them coming! You need to take more pics of the inside of your apartment.

Kate McEuen said...

I'm with Sarah- you guys look great! I think you're actually glowing. I also worry about you and love to see that everything seems to be going well. As always, you are loved and missed and are always in our prayers.