Sunday, November 8, 2009

Recent Activities





Here are some photos from this weeks activities. Elder and Sister Sultza (sp)toured the mission with President Lundberg and agreed to a photo op following our zone meeting in Bucharest. He is an East Berlin Church pioneer. Both told an interesting life story which we will share later. He is an Area seventy, patriarch, and former mission president and temple president in Germany, which callings exemplify his faithfulness and the tremendous efforts and sacrifice he has made to help strenthen the church in Eastern Europe. This week we also talked with another young man who was raised in the church behind the Berlin wall. He, like Elder Sultza, gave us a truly remarkable insight into what their lives were like during this time in history. This week we have heard much on the news about the fall of the Berlin wall along with Communism in much of Eastern europe as we commemorated the 20th year of that event. It has been interesting to hear some personal stories from people who experienced those historic events.
I bought two power walking sticks at a bargin price from a Euro store in Bucharest. I decided to use one for my walk to and from church today. Your Mom thinks my use of the stick confirms the fact that I appear to be an old man. I say I am doing my part to introduce the healthy exercise of power walking to the Romanian people.
We couldn't resist a photo with this Romanian gentleman who was selling flowers to people exiting the subway stop. His facial features and clothing reveal the hard life that many people in the villages and poorer parts of Bucharest still endure.

1 comment:

Sarah Lee said...

Dad, you and Mom look so good! It looks like that power stick is paying off. I can tell that you have fallen in love with Romania. What an interesting place with beautiful people. So happy to have you back in just a few weeks!!