Sunday, December 21, 2008

Departing Missionaries, Branch Christmas Party











This has been another busy week. We went to our Branch this morning for a combined meeting with the other branch that meets in our building. We seemed to have enough there to make it feel like a real branch. I hope they will combine these branches in the future. We went to another branch following sacrament meeting to attend a baptism service. After the baptism they held a combined Branch Christmas party, with a four course Romanian meal, and Santa Clause for the children. It was an interesting conclusion to our Sunday worship services.
This evening I learned that our AP's were in another accident on their way home from a Zone conference. Fortunately it was minor, with no injuries and only a small amount of damage to the car. (or so I'm told) But, our insurance ran out 4 days ago and the police are holding our license plates. This causes all kinds of complications which I hope we can work out in the coming weeks.
A large group of Elders will be going home this next week. Another 18 will be arriving in about three more weeks along with a new Senior Sister to work in the office. Sharon, and the two Sr. Sister Missionaries and one non member Romanian girl who works for an accounting firm and has an office with us has allowed for an interesting blend of personalities and working styles. There will be an overlap with this new Sr. Sister which will make five Sisters who will share the office and work load. Needless to say, I will try to remain out of their way as much as possible and confine my work to the finance area over which I have some responsibility.
We are thinking of you all during this special time of year. By the next time I post another, Christmas will have come and gone. We miss being with our family during Christmas. It is such a wonderful time of year and being away helps remind us how important our family is to us. We look back to Christmas time when the children were young and those more recent times when we have shared your family traditions. To remember the Savior and learn to love one another as we stive to become an eternal family, this is our greatest desire.
Love,
Dad

2 comments:

Sarah Lee said...

The picture of the baby up top, is that the baby you are bringing home for me? :)

I'm glad that they are doing some celebrating there for Christmas. Have you and Mom put up a tree or anything?

The office sounds a little congested. I hope that the transition goes smoothly with the new sister.

We sure love and miss you!

Kate McEuen said...

Looks like fun! It's good to know that the spirit of Christmas is all over the world- what a great time of year!