


Mom passed away this past week. Though her death had been anticipated we were not fully prepared for her passing. We thought she would still be waiting for us when we returned from our mission. We looked forward to many more enjoyable visits with her like the several we were able to take in recent years. We wish that all of our grandchildren had the chance to meet and come to know, if but briefly, their great grandmother. Sharon and I now stand alone at the head of our respective families. It is a sobering feeling.
The services for Mom were a heartfelt expression of love for her and an outpouring of fond memories. My brothers Craig, Steve and Sister Judy handled all of the affairs in such a pleasing manner. It was difficult to leave our mission a second time for such an occasion but we were richly rewarded because of the support we received from our family and children. Most of Mom's grandchildren were able to attend including all nine of our children along with three of our youngest grandchildren. What a blessing!
The services for Mom were a heartfelt expression of love for her and an outpouring of fond memories. My brothers Craig, Steve and Sister Judy handled all of the affairs in such a pleasing manner. It was difficult to leave our mission a second time for such an occasion but we were richly rewarded because of the support we received from our family and children. Most of Mom's grandchildren were able to attend including all nine of our children along with three of our youngest grandchildren. What a blessing!



1 comment:
Dick and Sharon,
The other day we received a letter from your mission president saying you guys are a valuable asset to the mission. I'm absolutely sure that's true.
We miss you guys. Especially on Sundays when we have nothing to do. We pray for you every day.
Amy came home from St Louis and her spirits were high. She told me so much about the family and lots and lots of memories. I wish, so bad, that I was able to go. We regret not visiting grandma Rees (obviously). I'm sad I was never able to meet any of your parents (both of you). It sounds like you guys come from amazing families. I know nobody brought their spouse, but I wish I was there.
Thanks for that book from Romania. I couldn't understand the words but it had pretty pictures. It looks like you guys are in a relatively 2nd world country? That's the way it looks. No burger king or Bajio. That would be hard. A good experience none-the-less.
Keep up the good work. Your president said that we are blessed for you being willing to sacrifice to serve the Lord. So thank you!
Hope you guys have a good day. Be safe!
Jake
Post a Comment